Turmeric is one of the mostly used spices in Southern-Asia. It is the most essential element in our daily life in many ways.The protective properties that protect our body from various pathogenic conditions made it the more essential element.
- Diaryl heptanoids
Curcumin is the key component that gives the bright yellow colour to the turmeric and even responsible for most of the beneficial properties possessed by the turmeric.
Useful properties of turmeric:
- Helps in blood purification
- Improves digestion and decreases gastric problems
- Heals ulcers
- Helps in curing cold and cough
- Best catalyst for wound healing
- Helps lowering cholesterol which in turn decreases heart related risks.
Various ways of using turmeric:
As we are aware of the importance of turmeric, firstly we should include it in food and also in some external applications. Here is the list of ways you can take it.
- Add a pinch of turmeric in every dish you prepare daily. It not just gives colour your dish, and even enhances the taste of the dish. And most importantly adds the healthy property to your dish.
The every dish may include curries of all the vegetables, leafy vegetables and etc.,.
- You can add turmeric to the desserts, it gives a beautiful colour to your dessert.
- Turmeric in milk: This is the great solution for a person suffering from cough and cold.
Recipe in brief- “Take a cup of milk and add half a spoon of turmeric, little dried ginger(smashed), 5 basil leaves(smashed) and jaggery for sweetening; Boil for 10 min; Filter the boiled milk”.
- Adding turmeric in juices catalyses the purification of blood.
- Turmeric for wounds: Applying turmeric on the cuts and burns prevents the skin for further infection and helps healing the wound.
- Turmeric for beauty: You can add turmeric in your bathing powder for glowing skin and protect you skin from allergies. Turmeric can be applied as a face pack by mixing with curd and get a smoother and glowing skin after wash.
- Turmeric in water: Drinking turmeric water gives relief from stomach ache.