High Blood Pressure may not be known until the effects are seen. The effects are seen through some symptoms like headache and dizziness. If the signs of high BP are seen in a person, the immediate action need to be taken to lower the blood pressure.
Steps to be followed to lower blood pressure in emergency:
When you feel you are affected by high BP, the steps you need to follow:
- Firstly pause your works for a while.
- Take deep breaths for some time.
- Continue the process until you get rid of dizziness and headache.
- Take rest until you feel better and continue taking calm and deep breaths until you more feel better.
- Avoid taking sodium rich foods in emergency conditions.
- Taking potassium rich foods helps you overcome the emergency situation and helps you lower the blood pressure.
- Take the sliced lemon piece and suck it to lower your blood pressure.
- Then you can take potassium rich foods like raisins, oranges, apricots, baked potato, tomato soup or any other source of potassium.
The above mentioned steps help you lower your blood pressure in emergency before consulting a doctor.