Rainy season is a natures gift showered on us for bearing its hottest summer months. The atmosphere in the rainy season is really a gift if we are healthy and can enjoy the essence of the season. To stay healthy in rainy, we should protect our self from the negative effects brought along with the monsoon breezes. Food habits are the main things that effect anyone’s health.
Here is the list of healthy food habits you need to follow in monsoon.
Healthy dietary habits:
- Drink boiled water to make sure that you drink only purified water. Boiling the water kills any bacteria and protects you from infections.
- Make sure the food is well cooked before eating. As the raw vegetables are prone to active bacteria.
- Prefer to eat the seasonal fruits as nonseasonal fruits may have insects grown inside due to rains.
- Add bitter foods like bitter guard and neem in your diet to fight bacteria with the anti bacterial properties.
- Avoid eating hydrated foods like watermelon, muskmelon, bottle guard, pumpkin and others from those family.
- Eat the dry and nutritious foods like sprouts and dry fruits.
- Avoid over salty foods as they have water retention property and makes you suffer from bloated stomach.
- Take the food that accelerates your digestion but not that makes your digestive system even slower.
- Avoid taking lots of milk as it does not comply with the digestion process. Instead you can take curd, , yogurt and almonds and other dry fruits that are rich in calcium and other nutrition’s.
- Avoid eating deep fried items and spicy food, as they may not digest easily and cause gastric problems.
- Take the warm beverages like ginger tea , green tea, hunza tea, herbal tea, etc.,. These beverages increases your immunity power along the improvement in your digestive system.