Hunza tea is one type of herbal tea. It’s origin is from hunza valley in extremely northern part of Pakistan.
Hunza tea ingredients:
Hunza tea, the recipe that can be said as the gift from hunza valley to the rest of world. So, here are the required ingredients along with the quantities for the preparation of hunza tea.
Ingredients required to prepare hunza tea for two persons is provided below.
- Basil (Tulsi) – 12 leaves
- Mint (Pudhina) – 12 leaves
- Cardamom (Elachi) – 2
- Cinnamon (Dalcheen) – 1 gm
- Yashti – 0.5 gm
- Ginger – 15 gm
- Jaggery – 20 gm
- Water – 200 ml
Basil is commonly known as tulsi in India and is mostly cultivated in southeastern part of Asia. It is considered auspicious for its medicinal qualities.
These are natural flavouring agents can be used in many dishes to give them good taste. It acts as cooling agent in Hunza tea recipe.
It is one of the herbal spice that gives a good essence to the sweet. It also has much importance in health benefiting.
It is a sweet spice extracted from inner bark of several tree species of genes cinnamomum. It is very rich in calcium and iron as well.
It is available in the form of stem and has medicinal values like protecting us from sore throat, cough, gastric problems and diabetes. It is sweet in taste as the name indicates.
It is a flowering plant in which we use the root of the plant, ginger root.
It is the non-centrifugal cane sugar. Which is considered as better one over sugar in daily usage.
Hunza tea preparation:
- Take a bowl and fill it with 200 ml of water and place it on stove.
- Add jaggery.
- Grind cinnamon, cardamom and Madhuyashti in above provided quantities by making it powder(Not so fine powder).
- Grind the basil and mint leaves and ginger with stone and add.
- Boil these water for 10 min.
- Filter the boiled solution and now the hunza tea is ready.